I reckon it was inevitable. My responses on other blogs are becoming compulsive and I have embarrassed myself into putting a flag in the virtual territory and raising my fist towards the heavens (ala Tom Cruise in "Far and Away").
A brief disclaimer: My grammar and spelling are constantly battling to suck the most!
About me: I was a working (not professional) musician from October 1979- September 2000. I have done little sit ins and cover gigs since then but' I mentally stopped being a working musician in 2000. The universe had put me into a situation where decisions had to be made and money was involved, so I forayed into artist management.
Here's some stuff I have done that I am proud of;
1. I once got a trophy in a pro skateboarding event in the slalom.
2. I skated with Stacy Peralta on and off for three days while he was in Florida filming "Skateboard Madness" with Hal Jepsen.
3. I followed Tony Alva through a snake run when he was warming up at a Clearwater contest. Later that day he lost his board and it rolled right to me. I handed it to him.
4. I toured the entire United States. I played in New York City, recorded the worst album of the 80's in Los Angeles. I went around the world twice because I could play drums. Turkey, Crete, Greece,Italy, Sardinia,Spain,Japan, Philippines,Guam, Hawaii. Pretty cool, thanks universe!
5. I jumped out of a plane.
6. I surfed the North Shore Hawaii two seasons in a row in 1991 and 1992.
7. I stood in Ben Aipa's shaping bay and discussed the invention of the twin fin, step rails, and how (four time world champion) Mark Richards, would hang around Ben for shaping tips.
8. In 1992 I somehow convinced my wife to say "I do!" on the Big Island. Later that day my brother and I had a great surf out in front of the Ritz Carlton.
9. In 1994 and 1995 my children were born and slapped me (almost) out of my selfish world view.
10. I managed a band that was signed to Elektra records, and had a number eight hit on the rock charts. It was the greatest and most horrifying thing I have ever done.
11.At thirty eight I bought a bike and that led to me finding the best friends I have ever had.
I know that all seems like self promoting braggadocio, but I will be talking about all that stuff in this blog. Hopefully someone will read it.
Well first step and all that.....we begin!