Thursday, June 19, 2008

You're So Vain (you probably think this post is about you)


The blog is mightier than the sword. The blog must only be used for good. I found this out the hard way, when I was riding tonight. I left my phone on (in case I got an urgent call about .....oh who am I kidding.... I forgot to turn it off). First Juancho calls me. I am thinking, my random use of punctuation- has finally made him snap: but he's calling to apologize. He thinks he made me mad (what are the chances) with a comment about my vertical ineptitude.

"WHAT?" Says I, " I love that shite, bring it on!"

Let's not forget, I am Irish, "I'll bash in your skull!" is how we say: "I love you."

So I just assumed everyone knew how to play, and I was dishing what I was getting. For the next ten minutes, I thought maybe I was harsh and shouldn't have called Junacho "chubby", in comments of the previous post. I should have said, husky or rotund. Great now I feel guilty, which for me (catholic) means I am awake.

Then, I see the Trail Gnome, and I stop to apologize to him, for anything I wrote that may have hurt him. C'mon, the guy does more trail work and race photos, than anyone in town. How could he take it the wrong way? I explain that in our crew, this is a sign of respect. The worst is if you get no mention at all. Then the guy (with the Spanish name I can't remember, that builds all the stunts I can't ride) says:

"Oh so I don't even get mentioned.... whats that mean?"

"Ya whatever, uh later guys, glad we cleared that up!" I ride off with clean Karma. It's good to have that confession feeling, with out the danger of being molested by a priest.

Anyway.....all's well that ends well. I will be careful not to offend in the future, and avoid jokes about people or touchy subjects.
Feels good to clear the air!



W.B.Z.N.


24 comments:

BIG JIM said...

Hey, where'd you find that picture of me?

What, you rode tonight and it wasn't with your crew. Even Bikechain showed up and competed for the first sprint.

Bring on the harassment. I'm slow, have no bike handling skills, and am folically impaired. Just don't talke about my momma. If anyone is gonna give me shit, it better be from the crew. Love ya..mean it

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Jim you have the enviable trait of being really likable, and the fact that you can't turn on single track means nothing...we love ya....you should get a nice road bike tho.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Your Momma's so ugly, when she entered an ugly contest they said: "Sorry no professionals".

Your Mamma's so fat, when wakes up she has do it in sections.

BIG JIM said...

I be pissed....if that wasn't so damn funny.

sasquatch said...

Hey, did I miss the actual race report from the Bump & Grind?

It was all Bump & Grind, Grind & Bump, toughest race, gonna hurt, and then no juicy report of how it all went down?

Send me the link if it passed me by.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Squatch, I didn't post anything because I have been the LANTERN ROUGE in our crew for so long that I felt it wasn't my place to do the report. I expected Big Worm to do it. He didn't and I felt weird telling everyone how I kicked ass, it just didn't seem right, so I just let it go.

sasquatch said...

Step up, son! That's a lot of blood, sweat, and build-up to just let the story die on the vine.

Of course, on the other hand, if I wanted the story so bad, I should have hauled my lazy ass to the starting line.

Anonymous said...

W.B. is so short, he thinks he's Irish.
Oi!

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Last time Magnum road a bike, his show was on the prime time!

Anonymous said...

W.B. is so Irish, he takes a swing at his own mug in the mirror- but always too high.

Ba dump, tink

BIG JIM said...

Hey, this looks like fun so I'll join in.

WB is so short that when he applied for mayor of Munchkinland he was told that he did not meet the height requirement. We represent The Lollipop Guild,
The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild. And in the name of The Lollipop Guild, We wish to welcome you to Muchkinland.

Have I gone to far????

Human Wrecking Ball said...

I 'm sorry I couldn't hear your joke becuase the sound of you crashing drowned it out. What did you say?

BIGWORM said...

You guys quit bustin' on the Wrecking Ball!! He can't help it if I found him inside a box of Lucky Charms...

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Och, they're always after me lucky charms.

Anonymous said...

Big Jim, no, you're fine; here's too far:
Hey W.B., while you're down there...

Human Wrecking Ball said...

.....use the magnifying glass... and see if you can find anything resembling manhood....

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Wow, you want to get your comment numbers up? Stick your chin out.

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious, I have to give it to you, you're not rattled easily.

Do I get character points for comment numbers or is that just in d&d?

BIGWORM said...

21

Anonymous said...

wow, worm gets existential.

AucillaSinks said...

Yo mama's boyfriend blogs too:
www.blogger.com/profile/08712985300291166227
(no need to "View Full Size")

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Magnum's Mamma's so fat, when she sat down, they had to add a new continent to the map.

Anonymous said...

Sinks, that's frightening, I'm going for a jog now.

WB, aww hell naw, your mama's so fat, when she wears a raincoat, the kids try to get on her at the bus stop.

Juancho said...

Yo Momma's so poor I saw her kickin a can down the street and when I axed her what she was doin' she said, "Movin'."

I can't believe I missed all the fun (unlike y'alls moms.)