Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Make this go on forever



June has been a hell of a month. My #1 son departed for, and returned from, France. How did he become so smart and well adjusted? #2 is tending a very productive veggie garden, working sporadically at Zone5, and heads off to Summer Jazz Camp next week. I have dug my way out of the pit at work, and I am riding pretty good considering. My head is up.


I have been employing a relaxation technique before I fall asleep. The result has been spectacular, prophetic, technicolor, trips to neon oceans, where I surf for hours, or nose wheelie vintage skateboards, down black top ribbons, for miles.


I pray to all that is benevolent, this is a new chapter and maybe my period of heavy testing has passed. Please forgive me if I guard my chips and back away from the table. Battle has left me scared and vigilant.


My life, like my riding, is not that pretty. I hit obstacles hard. I don't care if my chain rattles, I just want to be rolling when it's over.


W.B.Z.N.

5 comments:

Juancho said...

It really has been a hell of a month, I would take 11 more like it for sure.

Treeman said...

Maybe it's not just the obstacles but the line selected?

Gambler's Mungam said...

And the night got deathly quiet, and his face lost all expression.
Said, "If you're gonna play the game, boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

The Old Bag said...

Nothing wrong with holding 'em.

Hold tight!

Scott said...

"...spectacular,prophetic,technicolor trips to neon oceans....." So nice.