Sunday, November 9, 2008

Both Sides Now




Both sides of the happy/sad coin have their good points. I usually have great artistic energy when I am in a blue period. I always sang better, played better, and wrote better. I lived in a universe that had vibrant colors. I liken it to how junkies must miss the needle. You know its bad for you and you can't live that way, but man you miss the prick. Eventually, you have to leave the circus, and it's best to escape without wearing much clown paint. In this respect, I was lucky and managed to eek out a life. Half based on sheer luck, the other half on loved ones, reeling me in from the edge.


Life is great. I am loving the world in ways I never thought possible. I notice every leaf in every different phase of the fall. I am enjoying being the guy I am this minute, more than I ever have. Still, I miss my days as a smart mouthed rogue without a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of. I could never go back, but like a reformed criminal, I case banks, I will never rob.


I just came off of one of the best weeks ever. The rides have been off the charts. I had great times with family and friends in equally rewarding amounts. All this back and forth is just a result of wanting to be an artist and really being a soccer Dad. I don't know if there is room in the shell for both nuts.


W.B.Z.N.

9 comments:

bikechain said...

Yea, there is a part of me that wants to be the best comedian, car customizer, etc... but at the end of the day I am best at being "dad", aka red dragon. It is times like these when you have to look back and smile at how blessed you are.

kent

Anonymous said...

"room for both nuts"? Just squeeze one a little and they'll both fit.

nicol said...

Cool post, HWB. :)

Human Wrecking Ball said...

Thanks R.D. you know you right.

Mag I figured you would either get that one or "man, you still miss the prick" I'll set em up you knock em' down.

Thanks Nic, can you get that friend of yours to come build me a fish tank?

nicol said...

I want her to build me one first, then I'll send her south. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm easy like that.

Ms. Moon said...

If there's not room in the shell then I don't know how I can face life.
We HAVE to be able to create in ways that are entirely personal. And of course, we have to take care of family and friends, which means lots of love, lots of time.
And we want to do both.
You can do it. You are doing it.
Don't quit casing those banks.

Human Wrecking Ball said...

uh I didn't realize that painting was done on a woman....theres a belly button and a boobie in there!

bikediet said...

Yep, eye nips and goatie bush. Noticed it right away.